Concrete sawing safety is important at any time concrete must be worked with. Safety in general while at work is even more important. During the summer, concrete work is a critical part of any construction site. Here are some guidelines for concrete sawing safety. Please read on to learn more.
Preventing Injuries with Concrete Sawing Safety
First, let’s begin by examining some basic safety tips for the process of concrete sawing:
- Don’t saw too deep. It’s best to only saw as deeply as the current job requirements call for.
- A good rule of thumb is to only cut half as deep as the current depth of the slab of concrete before it was cut.
- Save money by not sawing or cutting too deeply.
- Always saw in a straight line, and make sure pointer is aligned with the saw blade.
Safety Tips for Starting Up the Concrete Saw
- A simple water hose, like from a common garden, can be immensely helpful. Be sure a steady water supply is connected to both the hose and the saw.
- Ensure the lever on the water safety valve is set to the ON position.
- The blade must be raised up away from the ground. Allow the engine of the blade to warm up at half-throttle before setting it to full-throttle.
- Reopen the water valve, if necessary. Before beginning the first cut with the saw, double check to make sure enough water is flowing through to the saw.
Safety Tips For Concrete Sawing and Cutting
- Slowly bring the blade down, allowing the blade to cut its own way down. Once you have reached the depth you want, cut as quickly as you can without letting the blade slip out of the cut.
- If the saw blade stalls, pull it out of the cut and then lower it back in. However, use extreme caution when you do this. Realign the blade with the cut before reinserting the blade.
Prioritizing Safety with G & M Services
G & M Services is proud of our employees and the dedication they have for safety in the workplace. Our employees are also rewarded for positive safety practices. We incorporate weekly and monthly discussions and meetings to ensure that all involved are aware of how to handle equipment and potential situations that could occur during a project.
G & M Services offers services in the way of concrete drilling and sawing, concrete scanning, and FireStop. To get started with G & M Services, call us today at 410-787-8828 or visit our contact page.