Do you protect your vision while at work? Along with hand safety, hearing safety, and lifting safety, another essential element of staying safe on the job is proper eye protection. In this blog, we will delve into the hazards that can harm your eyesight while you’re at work, as well as the measures you can take to ensure your vision’s safety. Please read on to learn more!
Use Eye Protection Against These Potential Hazards
Here are some potential hazards to watch out for. Even in professional settings where construction or industrial work is not being performed, these hazards are still possible. For instance, in scientific research, various forms of PPE are just as critical.
- Chemicals: Both chemical splashing and fumes can affect your eyesight and damage your eyes themselves.
- Possible projectiles: Splinters, chunks, or dust from concrete, metal, and wood.
- Radiation leaks: Light, UV radiation, heat, infrared, and even lasers all present possible hazards.
- Bacteria, germs, and other pathogens: Blood and bodily fluids are a possible contaminant in any workplace setting. Be sure to especially protect yourself against hepatitis and HIV.
Protect Your Eyes With These Measures
- Be aware of the possible and potential dangers to your eyes.
- Use screens, guards, or other protective measures.
- Always use the correct PPE for your eyes.
- Keep your eye protection in good condition and replace them if they begin to degrade or fail.
Are Contact Lenses Safe on the Job?
You might think contact lenses can’t help protect your eyes while on the job. The fact is, there is no evidence of this assumption being true. There’s also no evidence they can harm your eyes, either. While there isn’t much in the way of substantial eye protection from the contacts themselves, they can improve vision for their wearers.
Prioritizing Safety with G & M Services
G & M Services is proud of our employees and the dedication they have for safety in the workplace. Our employees are also rewarded for positive safety practices. We incorporate weekly and monthly discussions and meetings to ensure that all involved are aware of how to handle equipment and potential situations that could occur during a project.
G & M Services offers services in the way of concrete drilling and sawing, concrete scanning, and FireStop. To get started with G & M Services, call us today at 410-787-8828 or visit our contact page.