A construction safety plan is a great way to let your team know how your business views construction safety. Having a plan helps avoid unnecessary risks and deal with the unavoidable risks inherent in construction sites. Here are a few things you should absolutely include in your construction safety plan.
- Goals:What exactly do you want to accomplish with this safety plan? What would you realistically like to see from your team?
- Responsibilities: Having a clear list of responsibilities for each and every person will help during an emergency, and can help prevent accidents.
- Hazards: No matter how obvious, your construction safety plan should include every possible hazard to the people working there.
- Safe Practices: We talk about safe practices often on this blog. Providing them for employees in a construction safety plan will help everyone understand how to take care of themselves and what the company expects of them regarding personal safety responsibilities.
- Emergency Response: Planning out how you will react to an emergency is an important part of a construction safety plan. No matter how well planned out or explained the responsibilities, hazards, and safe practices for your work site are laid out there will always be the possibility of an accident occurring. A well-planned emergency response can be the difference between an accident and an emergency.
- Training: Including a detailed description of the training expected of, and provided for your employees will help them understand what is expected of them and how they can help make the worksite safer.
- Record Keeping: If you don’t know it happened, you can’t learn from it. Keeping incident reports and reviewing them are a great way to see trends and pinpoint any problems with your safety protocol.
Prioritizing Safety with G & M Services
G & M Services is proud of our employees and the dedication they have for safety in the workplace. Our employees are also rewarded for positive safety practices. We incorporate weekly and monthly discussions and meetings to ensure that all involved are aware of how to handle equipment and potential situations that could occur during a project.
G & M Services offers services in the way of concrete drilling and sawing, concrete scanning, and FireStop. To get started with G & M Services, call us today at 410-787-8828 or visit our contact page.